Not only does baking make a tasty treat, it also can be relaxing and a way to express your creativity. My favorite kinds of recipes are mug recipes because they’re easy and require minimal ingredients. Brownie is a mug is one of my personal favorites to make after school, especially in the winter.
This brownie in a mug recipe is make from scratch, so you don’t need to buy any box mixes to make it. You probably already have all these foods in your cupboards, so why not make it? It takes five minutes and creates a delicious single serve brownie.
· ¼ cup of flour
· ¼ cup of sugar
· 2 tablespoons of natural, unsweetened cocoa
· Pinch of salt
· Tiny pinch of cinnamon
· ¼ cup of water
· 2 tablespoons of canola oil or vegetable oil
· 1 to 2 drops vanilla extract
· 1 scoop of ice cream or whipped cream (optional)
1. Place flour, sugar, cocoa, salt, and cinnamon in a mug. Stir with a fork or spoon to mix well and break up any clumps.
2. Add oil, water, and vanilla extract to the cup and stir until mixture is smooth and there are no clumps.
3. Place in microwave for 60 seconds to 1 minute and 40 seconds. You might have to adjust time based of how powerful your microwave is.