Whatever team you root for, whether it be a team with a curse struck upon them by William Penn or a team who's been to the big show five times, you have two common interests with your enemy; the hopes of winning and the love of food. Here are 2018’s 5 best Super Bowl recipes .
1. Honey barbecue chicken wings (Food.com)
- 18 chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4teaspoon cayenne
- cooking spray
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, preferably Hickory Smoke Flavor
- 1⁄2cup honey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2teaspoon garlic powder
- Wash, dry, and season the wings with the salt, garlic, pepper, cayenne, sugar, and paprika. Preheat the oven to 375.
- Spray a cookie sheet with a generous spray of cooking spray.
- Place the wings in a single layer on the cookie sheet, and place in the oven.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes, depending on the size of the wings, turning once.
- While they are baking, make the sauce by slowly simmering the sauce ingredients over the lowest heat.
- When the wings are done baking, carefully dip them in the sauce, and place them back in the oven for another 5 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling.
- ENJOY!And remember to save some for everyone else!
2. Guacamole (allrecipes.com)
- 3 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- Add all ingredients to list
Prep 10 m
Ready In 10 m
- In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.
3. Pulled pork sliders (marthastewart.com)
6 hours 25 mins 2 hours Makes 60 TOTAL TIME PREP YIELD
- 1 bone-in pork shoulder (8 to 10 pounds), skin on
- 4 ounces slab bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsulfured molasses
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- About 4 cups water
- 60 mini brioche buns, split
- Sliced pickles (optional)
- 1. Allow pork to come to room temperature, about 2 hours. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cook bacon in a Dutch oven or other large ovenproof heavy pot over medium-low heat until fat is rendered and bacon is crisp, about 10 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate. Season pork generously with salt and pepper, and sear, skin side down, in pot until golden, about 5 minutes. Flip, and repeat.
- 2. Return bacon to pot. Stir sugar, molasses, ketchup, and vinegar together, and add to pot. Add water to reach three-quarters up sides of pork. Cover pot, and bring to a simmer.
- 3. Transfer to oven, and braise pork, basting every hour, until liquid is thick and syrupy and meat is falling off the bone, about 6 hours.
- 4. Transfer pork to a rimmed baking sheet; let rest 20 minutes. Meanwhile, skim fat from braising liquid, and discard. Remove skin from pork, and discard. Shred meat, and return to pot with braising liquid. Serve on buns with pickles
4. bean dip (allrecipes.com)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 1/2 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Add all ingredients to list
Cook 30 m
Ready In 40 m
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, blend the cream cheese and sour cream. Mix in the refried beans, taco seasoning, hot pepper sauce, parsley, green onions, 1/2 the Cheddar cheese and 1/2 the Monterey Jack cheese. Transfer the mixture to an 8x12 inch baking dish. Top with remaining Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses.
- Bake in the preheated oven 20 to 30 minutes, until cheese is slightly browned.
5. Football sugar cookies (gourmethousewife.com)
Chocolate Sugar Cookies
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder (plus extra for dusting)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Cover and refrigerate dough for at least one hour, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Turn out dough onto surface dusted with cocoa powder. Roll dough out ¼ inch thick. Cut into shapes with cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely. Frost and decorate if desired.