Valentines Day. Those cute little mailboxes sitting on our desks. The time spent writing every kids name on candy. Our elementary school teachers making sure EVERYONE was included. Those times are over. The common misconception is that Valentines Day now is for couples only, and singles are left to feel lonely. But here are 5 reasons why Valentines Day is better when you are single.
1. The most obvious reason.THE MONEY. Not having a significant other means you do not have to spend your hard earned cash on teddy bears and chocolate. Keep that moola in the bank, or your wallet, or if you really want, buy yourself a gift.
2. No Stress no mess. Finding presents for a significant other can be stressful. You want the gift to be meaningful. You want it to be better than what you will get to show you care more. This gift-stress isn't worth it.
3. You don't have to dress up for anyone. Get comfy in your favorite sweat pants, forget the makeup, and have a great time being your most relaxed self.
4. You can do what you want. With no obligations to go out to a fancy dinner or movie, Valentines Day is just another day on the calendar. Not being tied up with a significant other means you can spend quality time with friends or kick back alone and watch Netflix.
5. You are free to meet someone new! What better day to spark up a new romance than the day of love.