The coronavirus has affected thousands to millions of people's lives and although a lot of people have recovered already, many schools like in Stroudsburg have closed down for the rest of the school year and have been starting to do online school instead during quarantine.
The COVID-19 outbreak started in Wuhan, China and quickly spread to other Asian countries, Europe (Italy especially), America, Africa, and among other regions. Several countries have been going on lockdown, events are getting cancelled, and store shelves are getting empty. It is still unknown what the cause is but there are speculations that it came from bats and also coming from people that eat bat soup. Although more people die from the flu each year and the coronavirus showing similar symptoms, it is much easier to spread and some people don't realize they have it in the first week! With the whole world talking about it, here are some tips and basic hygiene practices that everyone should remember.
- Wash your hands well with soap and water. The soap can help tear apart the fat from
- Disinfect surfaces around your home and work.
- Stay home if you're sick or feel unwell.
- Practice social distancing, a sneeze can go as far as 27 feet and the virus easily. (Take someone touching a dirty desk that someone sat on before for an example.)
- Avoid touching your face (eyes, nose, mouth, etc) especially if you sneezed, coughed, or your hands touch something like a dirty desk someone before you was sitting on for example.
- Don't panic! Buy what you need. You don't need to overbuy milk and toilet paper.
In summary short, be sure to wash your hands for a good 20 seconds, cover your mouth when you sneeze, refrain from touching your face, and stay at home if you feel any symptoms.